Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Norah Heads NSW

Norah heads holiday park May 4th-6th 2013

A very nice caravan park situated at Norah heads and only a short walk to the beach. I had a mind to do some serious fishing off the rocks and looked forward to getting my hands on some bait and getting a line wet.


Now I love fishing (all types of fishing) and have done so since I was a teen. I had spent a bloody fortune on bait and headed down to the rocks. I attempted to fish the rocks at the lighthouse and also the rocks immediately out from Norah heads.

Now I'm no scardy cat by any means, however mother nature decided to prove otherwise, as she turned up the heat and threatened to pull me off the rocks and smash my body to a pulp against the jagged rocks. After nearly being ripped off the rocks and getting a proper soaking from head to toe, i admitted defeat. Rock fishing is DANGEROUS!

It is advisable to wear a life jacket when fishing off rocks it is also wise not to fish alone. I was by myself and with no Mae West on!







Norah heads light house, for some reason I have always wanted to live in a lighthouse.









Note to self, don't buy too much bait as it will only go to waste. The other thing is don't believe weather forecasters!



Norah Heads
Latitude -33 17 00S   Longitude 151 33 58E
Dump-point - Yes Toilets - Yes Water - Yes Pets - Yes Shower - Yes 
Length - Big rig Level - Yes Noise - No Grassed - Yes Cost - $26 per night Time Limit - None



No comments:

Post a Comment